Re: problems with pg_dumplo (was Re: backup with blobs)

От Peter Pilsl
Тема Re: problems with pg_dumplo (was Re: backup with blobs)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 10:27:11AM +0200, Karel Zak wrote:

> > Thanx to Tom for this great tool.
>
>  Sure :-)

sorry !! I ment to say, Thnx for giving this tool to me. Even more
thanx for writing this great tool to you !! :)

>  pg_dumplo -i (without -r) add *new* LO to DB and update LO oid in some
> tab.attr only. The option '-r' remove old LO and import new.
>
> Try:
>
>  pg_dumplo -a -d my_db -s /my_dump/dir
>  pg_dump [with relevant options for your DB] > my.dump
>  DROP DATABASE my_db;
>  CREATE DATABASE my_db;
>  psql my_db < my.dump
>  pg_dumplo -i -d my_db -s /my_dump/dir

when working on an own database things works perfect. However I have a
reproduceable problem on a different database when importing blobs
into a single table while the old blobs still existing (no matter if
using -r or not)

However: the problem is not happening on a new created database, so
maybe there is a problem on my system.

I will install 7.1 on a different machine and try if I can import all
my data before migrating to 7.1 on a production-server.

When I want to migrate _all_ data from one 7.1 to another 7.1 : does a
brute filecopy do it ?

Thanx a lot for your help,

peter

--