7.1 on Solaris 8 run failure?

От Adam Haberlach
Тема 7.1 on Solaris 8 run failure?
Дата
Re: 7.1 on Solaris 8 run failure?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Список pgsql-general
I've been holding off installing 7.1 on my Solaris machine, since
it is at home and I didn't want to download it more then once, but
now that it is released, I've tried, and...

I built straight out of the box, using configure, the initdb seemed
to work, and now I get:

IpcMemoryCreate: shmget(key=5432001, size=1245184, 03600) failed: Invalid argument

This error can be caused by one of three things:

1. The maximum size for shared memory segments on your system was
   exceeded.  You need to raise the SHMMAX parameter in your kernel
   to be at least 1245184 bytes.

2. The requested shared memory segment was too small for your system.
   You need to lower the SHMMIN parameter in your kernel.

3. The requested shared memory segment already exists but is of the
   wrong size.  This is most likely the case if an old version of
   PostgreSQL crashed and didn't clean up.  The `ipcclean' utility
   can be used to remedy this.

---

This is on the mostly-stock Solaris that came on my Netra X1 server.

# uname -a
SunOS snatch 5.8 Generic_108528-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,UltraAX-i2

...anyone have any ideas?

--
Adam Haberlach            |
adam@newsnipple.com       | http://youlook.org