Re: Table constraint ordering disrupted by pg_dump

От Patricia Holben
Тема Re: Table constraint ordering disrupted by pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
I have loaded this new version and re-tested but don't see it fixed.  If=20
the standard regression tests are run and after completion a pg_dump is=20
performed:  pg_dump -o regression > dumpfile, if you look in the dumpfile,=
=20
you will see that the create for table insert_tbl shows the Check being=20
applied before the constraint insert_con.

I do have a separate routine which I am running - it isn't complete which=
=20
is why I haven't shared it yet - which proves that when the dump is=20
reloaded the constraints are not applied in the original order.

Tricia Holben
757-233-5568

On 4/3/01, 3:57:02 AM, Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au> wrote regarding Re:=
=20
[BUGS] Table constraint ordering disrupted by pg_dump :

> At 23:55 2/04/01 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> >Philip Warner <pjw@rhyme.com.au> writes:
> >> While it't not a bug, it would be nice if pg_dump reproduced definitio=
ns=20
as
> >> faithfully as possible. To that end, would it be worth selecting the
> >> constraints in OID order (using oid from pg_relcheck)?
> >
> >If it's just another clause in a query, you might as well.  I wouldn't
> >take any risks for it though...

> Just an ORDER BY. This has been done in CVS, but since I could not
> reproduce the original problem, I can't check it, so let me know how it=
=20
works.