Re: Changing the default value of an inherited column

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Changing the default value of an inherited column
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote: >I just had a discussion with a user who doesn't want to update from >6.4.something to 7.0.* because
7.0broke a feature he likes, namely >the ability to change the default value of a column inherited from >a parent
table. It seems that in pre-7.0 Postgres, this works: > >create table one(id int default 1, descr text); >create table
two(idint default 2, tag text) inherits (one); > >with the net effect that table "two" has just one "id" column with
>defaultvalue 2.... >The question of the day: should we put this back the way it was? >If so, should we try to squeeze
itinto 7.1, or wait another release >cycle?  (I can see about equally good arguments for considering this >a feature
additionor a bug fix...)  Should there be a NOTICE about >the duplicated column name, or is the old silent treatment
okay?
I would very much like to have this feature restored; I think there should
be a NOTICE, just in case the duplication is caused by mistyping.

========================================   "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on      your own
understanding;in all your ways acknowledge       him, and he will direct your paths."  Proverbs 3:5,6

От: Jan Wieck
Сообщение: Re: [ADMIN] Re: Re: [PORTS] pgmonitor and Solaris
От: "Oliver Elphick"
Сообщение: Re: Re: Changing the default value of an inherited column