Re: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] pgmonitor and Solaris

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] pgmonitor and Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org> writes:
> > > FYI, the WU-FTPD code (2.6.0 or better) has a couple of more platforms
> > > including UnixWare.  The UnixWare code will need /dev/kmem permission to
> > > change it's stuff, so I don't know whether we want to do this or not, but
> > > if people are looking at the ps stuff, please look at this as well.
> >
> > Well, *I* sure wouldn't run Postgres with write permission on /dev/kmem.
> > Especially not just to make ps_status work...
>
> Agreed.  If that is what is required, I think you can forget ps status
> on that platform.

Bruce,

    have  you  taken a look at my statistics collector stuff yet?
    The  view  pgstat_activity  shows  datid,  datname,  procpid,
    usesysid, usename and current_query per backend.

    The  code still needs some more work, but as it is it's ready
    to apply as soon as 7.1 is out the door. All that is  totally
    OS  independant,  restricts  the  display  of querystrings to
    postgres superusers and works remotely.

Jan