Re: Patch application

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Patch application
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > I understand the formalistic problem, and maybe I overstated its
> > formality, but it seems it would be good to maintain a list for two
> > reasons:
>
> I don't have a problem with keeping an informal list of area experts.
> I was just objecting to the notion of formal signoffs (I doubt Peter E.
> wants to look at every single Makefile change, for example).

OK, that is good.  I think it will make a nice web page.

> Also, there's a point that keeps coming up in these discussions: the
> standards need to be different depending on what time of the release
> cycle it is.  Perhaps formal signoffs *are* appropriate when we're
> this late in beta.

Oh, yes, agreed, beta requires signoffs.

But I can't seem to get patches in that don't require some _expert_ to
come along and improve it.  If the _experts_ are OK with that, then that
is fine, but if they want things done differently somehow, I want to
meet their needs.

Pennsylvania19026