Re: /contrib 'cosmetic'

От Karel Zak
Тема Re: /contrib 'cosmetic'
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 19, 2001 at 05:50:01PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> >  In future ... please ignore patches those ignore the /contrib's practice
> > -- the trouble is overhaul the contrib tree during each version.
>
> The reason it's in contrib is that it's a bit less than perfect.  If we
> were to prioritize on maintaining contrib, then we might as well fold it
> into the core (which we ought to consider for some items).  IMHO.

Agree. You good remember previous state of the contrib -- something
wasn't compile-able, something was total dead ..etc. I want see nice code
in contrib and not say "the contrib is our trash and everybody can postpone
something here" (it not means currect state is bad. It's better than
before 7.1, it's care about future :-).
    Karel

-- Karel Zak  <zakkr@zf.jcu.cz>http://home.zf.jcu.cz/~zakkr/C, PostgreSQL, PHP, WWW, http://docs.linux.cz,
http://mape.jcu.cz