Re: database URL

От Aaron Brashears
Тема Re: database URL
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 01:11:35PM -0500, Robert LaPreze wrote:
>  I have been trying to determine the url for a postgres database and was
> wondering if someone be able to provide me with this info.
> I writting java code to interface with the postgres environement and
> have had no luck in finding the db URL info.

If memory serves correctly, the url is constructed as:

jdbc:<databse>:<vendor-specific-urls>

For postgress, this takes the more specific form of:

jdbc:postgresql://<machine-name>:<port>/<database-name>

And finally as an example, this string will access the database called
'foo' on the local machine from a postmaster started with default
parameters.

jdbc:postgresl://localhost:5432/foo