Re: Re: AW: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: Re: AW: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
My UnixWare box runs Veritas' VXFS, and has Online-Data Manager
installed. Documentation is available at http://www.lerctr.org:457/

There are MULTIPLE sync modes, and there are also hints an app can give
to the FS.

More info is available if you want.

LER

--
Larry Rosenman                                                                    http://www.lerctr.org/~ler/
Phone: +1 972 414 9812                                                            E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org

On 3/16/01, 9:11:51 AM, Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu> wrote
regarding [HACKERS] Re: AW: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC:

> > > Okay ... we can fall back to O_FSYNC if we don't see either of the
> > > others.  No problem.  Any other weird cases out there?  I think Andreas
> > > might've muttered something about AIX but I'm not sure now.
> > You can safely use O_DSYNC on AIX, the only special on AIX is,
> > that it does not make a speed difference to O_SYNC. This is imho
> > because the jfs only needs one sync write to the jfs journal for meta
info
> > in eighter case (so that nobody misunderstands: both perform excellent).

> Hmm. Does everyone run jfs on AIX, or are there other file systems
> available? The same issue should be raised for Linux (at least): have we
> tried test cases with both journaling and non-journaling file systems?
> Perhaps the flag choice would be markedly different for the different
> options?

>                      - Thomas

Сообщение: Re: Re[2]: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC
Сообщение: Re: Re[2]: Allowing WAL fsync to be done via O_SYNC