pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb mbutils.c wchar.c

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql/src/backend/utils/mb mbutils.c wchar.c
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    tgl@hub.org    01/03/07 19:24:34

Modified files:
    src/backend/utils/mb: mbutils.c wchar.c

Log message:
    Modify wchar conversion routines to not fetch the next byte past the end
    of a counted input string.  Marinos Yannikos' recent crash report turns
    out to be due to applying pg_ascii2wchar_with_len to a TEXT object that
    is smack up against the end of memory.  This is the second just-barely-
    reproducible bug report I have seen that traces to some bit of code
    fetching one more byte than it is allowed to.  Let's be more careful
    out there, boys and girls.
    While at it, I changed the code to not risk a similar crash when there
    is a truncated multibyte character at the end of an input string.  The
    output in this case might not be the most reasonable output possible;
    if anyone wants to improve it further, step right up...