pgsql/src/backend access/gist/gist.c access/ha ...

От Tom Lane
Тема pgsql/src/backend access/gist/gist.c access/ha ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
CVSROOT:    /home/projects/pgsql/cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    tgl@hub.org    01/03/07 16:20:27

Modified files:
    src/backend/access/gist: gist.c
    src/backend/access/hash: hashinsert.c hashovfl.c hashpage.c
    src/backend/access/rtree: rtree.c
    src/backend/commands: sequence.c

Log message:
    Repair a number of places that didn't bother to check whether PageAddItem
    succeeds or not.  Revise rtree page split algorithm to take care about
    making a feasible split --- ie, will the incoming tuple actually fit?
    Failure to make a feasible split, combined with failure to notice the
    failure, account for Jim Stone's recent bug report.  I suspect that
    hash and gist indices may have the same type of bug, but at least now
    we'll get error messages rather than silent failures if so.  Also clean
    up rtree code to use Datum rather than char* where appropriate.