DBI

От Ene Cosmin
Тема DBI
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

 Hi. I need to know if I configure my psql with perl library I also need
the DBI::Pg class for quering my database in psql?. The following example
will work?

------
use DBI;

$dbh = new DBI( 'dbi:Pg:database;host', 'user', 'secret' );
if( ! $dbh->dbh ){
  echo "Could not connect to the database.<br>\n";
  exit( );
}

$sth = $dbh->prepare( 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM some_table' );

and sow on...

------

What else do I need to install for quering a database in this way?

I did not installed yet Psql to know if will works.
Sorry, but my english it's not so god.
Cosmin.

Do you want a free e-mail for life ? Get it at http://www.email.ro/

Do you want a free e-mail for life ? Get it at http://www.email.ro/