Re: NOSUCCESS: m$ access -> psql howto ?

От Jaume Teixi
Тема Re: NOSUCCESS: m$ access -> psql howto ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 18:48:15 -0800 "Richard T. Robino"
<rickspam@wavedivision.com> wrote:
> Use binary type for transferring files via FTP.
it's the same

On Sat, 24 Feb 2001 09:27:43 +0100 Stefan Huber
<schweinsaug@crosswinds.net> wrote:
> wild guess: maybe you must escape the pipe-symbol: ...USING DELIMITERS
'\|'
the same :(

finally I managed to export LANG=es_ES on system then on postmaster.ini I
also have LANG=es_ES but when I do:

COPY products FROM '/var/lib/postgres/dadesi.txt' USING DELIMITERS '|' \g

it causes:

SELECT edicion FROM products;
     edicion
-----------------
 España|Nacional <-------puts on the same cell either there's an '|' in
the middle!!!

SELECT protagonista FROM products;
         protagonista
 Ferran Adrià|Castellano <-------puts on the same cell
 el Bulli taller
 ICC
 Ferran Adrià|Francés|Francia <-------puts on the same cell 2 '|'

Also have tried with @ or tabs as delimiters with any result at all!!

why this only occurs on some cells? what more could I check?

best regards,
jaume.