Re: Pooling Connections with libpq

От Alfred Perlstein
Тема Re: Pooling Connections with libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-general
* Shaw Terwilliger <sterwill@sourcegear.com> [010222 15:49] wrote:
> Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> > As a general safety precaution I would close a connection after a
> > timeout or N uses.
>
> My application is running on the same host as PostgreSQL, so connection
> timeouts should be rare (I guess this would only happen if a backend died).
> Re-opening the connection after N uses sounds like a reasonable precaution
> though.

I meant a user defined timeout, ie, a connection can only be recycled
100, 200 or 500 times (your choice) but can't be kept open for longer
than 5 minutes.

This is just for paranioa such that _if_ (there isn't as far as i
know) there's an issue with a backend leaking memory, you don't
get nailed by it.

> (Hopefully my PGP signatures are correct this time.)

PGP isn't really needed when having a general discussion .:)