Re: I've followed the faq and still getting too many clients errr

От newsreader@mediaone.net
Тема Re: I've followed the faq and still getting too many clients errr
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I trace the problem to kernel 2.4 -- I think.
Appropriate section from kernel source
documention is below.

If anyone outthere is planning to upgrade linux kernel
to 2.4 you might want to keep this in mind.

It looks like all is well now... what a relief.

--------------------------
  You can find documentation about IPC with "info ipc" and also in
  section 6.4 of the Linux Programmer's Guide, available from
  http://www.linuxdoc.org/docs.html#guide .

  Shared memory is now implemented using a new (minimal) virtual file
  system. To mount it automatically at system startup just add the
  following line to your /etc/fstab:

  none  /dev/shm        shm     defaults        0 0

  Saying Y here enlarges your kernel by about 18 KB. Just say Y.
----------------------

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 08:22:24PM -0600, Dominic J. Eidson wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Feb 2001 newsreader@mediaone.net wrote:
>
> > I just change the following line in src/configure
> >     #define DEF_MAXBACKENDS 32
> >     #define DEF_MAXBACKENDS 100
> >
> > Did I do that right? After ./configure I check
> > src/include/config.h and see that previous number 32
> > has been changed to 100.
>
> ./configure --with-maxbackends=100
>
> Should do the job.
>

> --
> Dominic J. Eidson
>                                         "Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-menu!" - Gimli
> http://www.the-infinite.org/              http://www.the-infinite.org/~dominic/

Сообщение: Re: I've followed the faq and still getting too many clients errr
Сообщение: Re: I've followed the faq and still getting too many clients errr