Re: Fwd: Stalled post to pgsql-general

От Kapil Tilwani
Тема Re: Fwd: Stalled post to pgsql-general
Дата
Список pgsql-general
help
Hi,
It would work fine to have a web interface in case the
application could be developed with that...  In fact,
we had started working on the project with PG and Java
Servlets et al...  However, we ran into problems after
a month of designing and actual implementaiton work
was over only because the browser / HTML is too
static...
a.  Extensive coding is reqd. for datatypes
validations on all forms and reports for filtering,
etc.
b.  Added functionality would result in havoc for
adding features like Grids as in MS-Access like
forms-subforms and browsing thru such records in order

c.  Non-use of client-side processing capacity i.e.,
under-utilisation and over-burdening the server which
would in case of client-server be just handling data
which would make it much more reliable
d.  The client would not shell out a single penny when
I tell him that two servers would be ideal for him...
One for handling data the other for handling http
requests
e.  Moving away from Windows is impossible fof him...
He has not heard that there is any other OS other than
Windows
f.  The client is not a jackass...  I cant conn him...
 He knows what all he wants in his software
g.  I am keen on PG/Interbase
h.  I KNOW YOU CAN HELP... SO, KINDLY DO
i.  This MS-Office interface you are talking about...
That would involve a lot of wizardry/programming...

Thanx
Kapil

From Kapil C. Tilwani