Re: DBDesign Question

От GH
Тема Re: DBDesign Question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 11:15:24PM +0100, some SMTP stream spewed forth:
> Hi,
>
> I am currently designing a timesheet-system based on postgresql/java. Since
> I need some cross-referenced tables I am wondering if I should add extra
> id-columns in all tables (e.g. userid) or simply use the oids in the
> referencing tables (e.g. use the oids of the users in all tables that need a
> reference to a user?

You probably have the feeling that it would be better to do the former.
I would say to go with adding an ``id'' column.
This avoids numerous potential issues like wrapping oids, etc.
with little impact.

Besides, it in just a Good Idea.

gh