Re: php as stored procedures

От Denis A. Doroshenko
Тема Re: php as stored procedures
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 12:15:49PM -0500, Doug McNaught wrote:

> As for whether it will be done, well, what does PHP give you over
> Perl?  I know Perl well and PHP AFAICS is a tiny subset of Perl
> designed to be embedded in web pages.  Given PL/Perl, do we really
> need PL/PHP?

PHP is a tiny subset of Perl? Did you use PHP? Dunno, personally i think
PHP's syntax (being very similar to C's) is more clear than Perl's (which
is full of "features" smelling like hacks).

> If someone (you?) think's it's important it'll probably get written.

I would appreciate if it would get written, but unfortunatelly i amn't
seem to be the one who is going to do the actual work...

--
Denis A. Doroshenko  [GPRS/IN/WAP, VAS group engineer] .-.        _|_  |
[Omnitel Ltd., T.Sevcenkos st. 25, Vilnius, Lithuania] | | _ _  _ .| _ |