Re: php as stored procedures

От Adam Haberlach
Тема Re: php as stored procedures
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 07:34:51PM -0500, Brett W. McCoy wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Dan Wilson wrote:
>
> > I wouldn't call PHP a subset of Perl at all!  I'd call them sibling
> > languages with different strengths.  I think Perl does certain things better
> > than PHP but PHP has strengths that Perl probably can't compete with.  But
> > for the most part, AFAIK, anything you can do in Perl, you can also do in
> > PHP.
>
> Err... I would say it's more the other way around... anything you can do
> in PHP you can do in Perl.

    Well, they are both turing complete and extensible enough to be able
to execute arbitrary functions via plug-ins.  I studied computer engineering
and not computer science, but I'm pretty sure this makes them functionally
equivalent, so you are both right.

--
Adam Haberlach            |A cat spends her life conflicted between a
adam@newsnipple.com       |deep, passionate, and profound desire for