Re: Emergency case: Postgres problems

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Emergency case: Postgres problems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jaruwan Laongmal wrote:
[Charset windows-874 unsupported, skipping...]
> Dear Sir,
>
> I  will highly appreciated if anyone could inform me how to solve the following problems in Postgres.
> Specifically, sometimes there  are the following messages informed by postgres.

> NOTICE:  Message from PostgreSQL backend:
>         The Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died abnormally and possibly corrupted shared memory.
>         I have rolled back the current transaction and am going to terminate your database system connection and
exit.
>         Please reconnect to the database system and repeat your query.
> pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
>         This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
>
> Thank you  so much for your concern
>
> Jaruwan
>

> PS.  The Postgres version is 7.0.0 run on  Red Hat Linux 7.1
   Upgrade  to  7.0.3, which is the latest bugfix release of the   7.0 version. There is a good chance that  the  error
causing   your database process to dump core is fixed in it.

   If  the  problem persists after, you should look for the core   file in your database directory,  use  gdb  to  get
a stack   backtrace and post that information to the list again.

Jan