Re: Size of TODO.detail

От Lamar Owen
Тема Re: Size of TODO.detail
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> pgsql/docs/TODO.detail now is 1.1MB.  I just removed 'subquery' which
> shrunk it from 1.5MB.  Comments?

Yow!  Nice stuff in there, that is for sure.  Of course, that's alot of
space.  What to do? Remove all the unnecessary e-mail headers?
Signatures?  etc?  excessive quotes? Isn't there a e-mail header
stripping utility around that can un-header things, leaving some but not
all?

Want me to edit some in my spare time?

According to some grepping and counting, Received: lines alone are
taking up 180K, or thereabouts. And that's just the first line, as most
headers, I'm sure we could trim that down further.

It can also be compressed, if we want.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio