Re: Importing CSV file

От John Poltorak
Тема Re: Importing CSV file
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Tue, Jan 16, 2001 at 07:08:50AM +1300, Andrew McMillan wrote:
> John Poltorak wrote:
> >
> > Is there a simple way to import a CSV file into a Postgres database?
>
> If it is a simple CSV file then you should be able to manage with the
> COPY command, using appropriate values for DELIMITERS.

Thanks, I have managed to stumble across the COPY FROM command now.

> If your CSV file has text quoted, and which includes line breaks within
> fields, then you need to get more complex.

I'm only trying simple stuff to begin with.

I have found some problems in attempting to copy files, and it appears
due to line termination on OS/2... The last field is rejected normally,
but if I convert lines from CRLF to LF, then it works.

> I have a perl script you can use in this case, if you want.

I'll bear that in mind thanks.

--
John