Re: GRANT & DROP

От Anthony E . Greene
Тема Re: GRANT & DROP
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, 08 Jan 2001 15:09:12 Gavin M. Roy wrote:
>I recently suffered the pains of not having good security on a database
>when a developer dropped a production transaction payment table.  Thus
>now I am paying attention to what I should have before which is database
>security.  I am looking at the grant command and see it covers alot of
>important things, but the one I am most interested is DROP TABLE and I
>don't see it, nor ALTER.  Does DELETE cover DROP as well?  Anyone have
>experience here?

On my Linux system, "man l drop" displays the man page for the DROP command,
with references to specific variants of the command.

I don't know if the latest versions are different but in 6.5.3 anyone can
drop a table, even if they don't have any permissions on the rows in that
table.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D