Re: web interface for postgreSQL-P.S.

От Charles Curley
Тема Re: web interface for postgreSQL-P.S.
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
On Sat, Dec 16, 2000 at 07:30:45PM -0500, Andrew Dellinger wrote:

>    I need to build a web interface for postgreSQL. Beyond doing something
>    with java, what are my options?
>
>    I have been playing around with perl, but I can't figure out how to
>    get javascript and perl to interact.
>
>    PS I need the interface to be dynamic (able to insert and modify
>    data).

Um, javascript runs on the browser, perl and pgsql on the server, right?
So they communicate via http.

To get perl working with pgsql, get on CPAN and search on "postgres" and
"database". There are at least four libraries that will do the job for
you. For details, see the Perl Cookbook, Tom Christiansen et al.,
O'Reilly, 1998.

--

        -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley
Вложения