Re: Re: [GENERAL] postmaster does not start up

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: Re: [GENERAL] postmaster does not start up
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Lamar Owen wrote:
  >Tom Lane wrote:
  >> Hmm.  Where are you invoking psql from, and is it the same one you
  >> compiled yourself?
  >
  >> ISTR that the Debian RPMs use a nonstandard location of the pgsql Unix
  >> socket file, which means that an RPM psql will NOT talk to a standard
  >> compilation of the postmaster, nor vice versa.
  >
  >Um, the Debian packages are .deb's, not RPM's.  Is the standard socket
  >location not /tmp? That's where the RPM's put it.  I don't know about
  >the DEB's -- ask Oliver.

No. /var/run/postgresql - it was necessary to move them, because long-open
sockets were being deleted from /tmp (it is, after all, a _temporary_
directory) by tmpreaper.

     "For thou art my hope, O Lord GOD; thou art my trust
      from my youth."               Psalms 71:5