Re: confused about *nix ODBC drivers

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: confused about *nix ODBC drivers
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, Oct 30, 2000 at 04:30:49PM +0100, Frank Jördens wrote:
> Currently I am trying to get unixODBC to work, where the

Do you use the graphical frontend to configure it? Should check for some
misconfigurations.

> /usr/local/etc/odbc.ini files looks like:
>
> [PostgreSQL]
> Description             = Test to Postgres

> TraceFile               = sql.log    (what's the absolute path? the user's
> home dir? I don't find an sql.log file anyhwere.)

I'm not sure about this either. How about trying /tmp/sql.log instead?

> Protocol                = 7.1

I'm running version 7.0 and it definitely needs protocol 6.4!

> and /usr/local/etc/odbcinst.ini:
>
> [PostgreSQL]
> Driver              = /usr/local/pgsql/lib/libpsqlodbc.so
> FileUsage               = 1

I'd recommend trying /usr/lib/libodbcpsql.so as Driver instead. I also had
problems getting unixodbc going with our own odbc driver. If you add a line

Setup           = /usr/lib/libodbcpsqlS.so

the graphical setup tool will help a lot.

> I could presumably also put in the IP address of some server, which
> would satisfy my requirement - which is to have the client on a
> different box than the server.

Some connections do not work with IP numbers. Did you try a resolvable host
name?

Michael
--
Michael Meskes