pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"

От Dronamraju Rajesh
Тема pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse "template1"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dear all,

   I have installed postgres 6.5.1 on my RedHat Linux
box. The installation went smooth without any
problems. Now when i run initdb I got errors. I have
seen the Postgres FAQ also and have ensured that all
the directories i,e /usr/local/pgsql, /home/postgres
etc are owned by postgres super user. I also have set
the following environmental variables: -

PATH=/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/pgsql/bin
HOME=/home/postgres
INPUTRC=/etc/inputrc
LC_COLLATE=C
SHELL=/bin/bash
PGLIB=/usr/local/pgsql/lib
USER=postgres
PGDATA=/usr/local/pgsql/data
MANPATH=:/usr/local/pgsql/man
LC_CTYPE=C
LANG=en_US
OSTYPE=Linux
SHLVL=1
LC_COLLATE=C

But even then I got errors when I run initdb like

Adding template1 database to pg_database...
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse
"template1"
ERROR:  pg_atoi: error in "template1": can't parse
"template1"
        syntax error 1 : parse errorinitdb: could not
log template database
initdb: cleaning up.

PLEASE help me in this regard.

Thanks & Regards