Re: pgsql is 75 times faster with my new index scan

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: pgsql is 75 times faster with my new index scan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> > TODO:
> > - add HeapTupleHeaderData into each IndexTupleData
> > - change code to reflect above
> > - when deleting-updating heap then also update tuples'
> >   HeapTupleHeaderData in indices
>
> I doubt everyone would like trading query speed for insert/update
> speed plus index size

If he is scanning through the entire index, he could do a sequential
scan of the table, grab all the tid transaction status values, and use
those when viewing the index.  No need to store/update the transaction
status in the index that way.

Pennsylvania19026