Re: Core dump

От Dan Moschuk
Тема Re: Core dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
| % uname -sr
| SunOS 5.7
|
| from sys/signal.h:
|
| #define SIGUSR1 16      /* user defined signal 1 */
|
| Are you sure you don't have any application running amok sending
| signals to processes it shouldn't?  Getting a superfolous signal
| seems out of place, this doesn't look like a crash or anything
| because USR1 isn't delivered by the kernel afaik.

Any of the applications that are running on that server do not use
SIGUSR1.  I haven't looked through the code yet, but I figure postgres
was sending the SIGUSR1.

| And why are you using solaris?  *smack*

Well, because our main database server is a sparc, and _someone_ never
got around to finishing his sparc port. :-)

-Dan
--
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when he is called
upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.               -- Oscar Wilde