Re: Core dump

От Alfred Perlstein
Тема Re: Core dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Dan Moschuk <dan@freebsd.org> [001012 09:47] wrote:

> Sparc solaris 2.7 with postgres 7.0.2
>
> It seems to be reproducable, the server crashes on us at a rate of about
> every few hours.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> GNU gdb 4.17

[snip]

> #78 0x1dd210 in elog (lev=0,
>     fmt=0x21a9b0 "Message from PostgreSQL backend:\n\tThe Postmaster has informed me that some other backend died
abnormallyand possibly corrupted shared memory.\n\tI have rolled back the current transaction and am going "...)

>     at elog.c:312
> #79 0x1636f8 in quickdie (postgres_signal_arg=16) at postgres.c:713
> #80 <signal handler called>
> #81 0xff195dd4 in _poll ()
> #82 0xff14e79c in select ()
> #83 0x14df58 in s_lock_sleep (spin=18) at s_lock.c:62
> #84 0x14dfa0 in s_lock (lock=0xff270011 "ÿ", file=0x2197c8 "spin.c", line=127)
>     at s_lock.c:76
> #85 0x154620 in SpinAcquire (lockid=0) at spin.c:127
> #86 0x149100 in ReadBufferWithBufferLock (reln=0x2ce4e8, blockNum=4323,
>     bufferLockHeld=1 '\001') at bufmgr.c:297

% uname -sr
SunOS 5.7

from sys/signal.h:

#define SIGUSR1 16      /* user defined signal 1 */

Are you sure you don't have any application running amok sending
signals to processes it shouldn't?  Getting a superfolous signal
seems out of place, this doesn't look like a crash or anything
because USR1 isn't delivered by the kernel afaik.

And why are you using solaris?  *smack*

Any why isn't postmaster either blocking these signals or shutting
down cleanly on reciept of them?

От: Stephan Szabo
Сообщение: Re: Arrays and foreign keys
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Inserting a select statement result into another table