Re: Memory bloating

От Jean-Marc Pigeon
Тема Re: Memory bloating
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Bonjour Micah Anderson

> Hello,
>
> We are using postgresql exclusively for our database backend for a
> high-traffic site, sustaining 3-4 pages per second, in many cases
> bursting well over that. At least half of those accesses are pgsql
> SELECT, we rarely, if at all, use DELETE. It seems worst on tables with
> more than about 1000 rows or 1000 hits an hour, or both.
    Are you doing UPDATE? (that could explaine the frequente need for
    vacuum).
    If your system is reliable did you try to start postgres
    with "-F" option that improve the speed a lot (factor 10).

A bientot
Jean-Marc Pigeon          Internet:   Jean-Marc.Pigeon@safe.ca
SAFE Inc.            Phone: (514) 493-4280  Fax: (514) 493-1946
     REGULUS,  a real time accounting/billing package for ISP
        REGULUS' Home base <"http://www.regulus.safe.ca">

От: Sonika Malhotra
Сообщение: help
От: William L James
Сообщение: timestamp data type and null value