Re: [HACKERS] C++ client libs

От Adam Haberlach
Тема Re: [HACKERS] C++ client libs
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 12:38:35PM +1100, Tim Allen wrote:

> >3) Implement asynchronous calls to the back-end permitting multiple
> >   queries to be executed concurrently
>
> Implement async calls, yes, definitely a good thing to do. But this by
> itself doesn't buy you multiple queries concurrently; for that you need
> multiple connections to the database, which would also be worth doing in
> this library.
>
> BTW, for async calls, you would want to create some convenient way of
> registering your interest in the socket connection, and some standard
> methods that read the result from it. Presuming the normal use for this is
> via a select-driven event loop, you want to be able to register the socket
> with whatever code drives the select, and register a callback that looks
> at the socket whenever select goes off. Given that there are umpteen dozen
> implementations of a select-driven event loop, it will be a challenge
> developing something that works nicely with all of them.
My preference would be an easily-overridable function so I could
subclass the parent object and drop in a function to send a BMessage
to an arbitrary BLooper.  Your messaging system may vary...

--
Adam Haberlach            | A billion hours ago, human life appeared on
adam@newsnipple.com       | earth.  A billion minutes ago, Christianity

От: Vince Vielhaber
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Announcing PgSQL - a Python DB-API 2.0 compliant interface to PostgreSQL
От: "Erny"
Сообщение: Driver or Postgres doesn't report refer. integr. errors