Driver or Postgres doesn't report refer. integr. errors

От Erny
Тема Driver or Postgres doesn't report refer. integr. errors
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Hi,

I'm running 7.0 on NT (with cygwin) and ODBC 6.50

I picked up the pgupt.mdb (0.15) to upsize from Access 97.

I changed it to use ON UPDATE, ON DELETE ... in the Create statements, discarding all the other trigger creations. I'm still early in development, so I still have not many ideas on the interaction with the drivers.

The good news is that all my database with a lot of tables just convert correctly to 7.0 (including the whole referential integrity) and default values. Perhaps I will publish soon all the modifications I did on pgupt.mdb

After that, I linked all the tables in Access 97 (fast and easy).

The bad news, whenever I delete or update a record causing error in referential integrity, no error is reported to Access. The record seems to disappear, but when rereading the table (or recordset), the 'deleted' record reappears.

(please send cc to me: aerd@mx3.redestb.es )
Thanx in advance,
Erny