Re: Multiple users, same DB

От Anthony E . Greene
Тема Re: Multiple users, same DB
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 12 Sep 2000  22:21 John McKown wrote:
>On Tue, 12 Sep 2000, Jeremy Buchmann wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know how to create a postgresql user that can read/write to
an
>> existing database?  I have used createuser, but it never asks if I want
the
>> new user to have access to an existing DB.  When I connect to a DB with
that
>> new user, I can't read or write from any of the tables.  Any
suggestions?

>Logon as the database's owner. Now do a GRANT for the tables that the
>person should have access to. This is in the User's Guide, not the
>Administrator's Guide.

Within psql, use

  \h grant

To get help on the command. There should also be man pages on SQL commands
in section l (lowercase "L"):

  man l grant
  man l revoke

The man page is a lot more informative than the brief usage info given in
psql.

--
Anthony E. Greene <agreene@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D