Re: gzip, gcc, gmake utilities to install POSTGRES on solaris ???

От Dronamraju Rajesh
Тема Re: gzip, gcc, gmake utilities to install POSTGRES on solaris ???
Дата
Re: gzip, gcc, gmake utilities to install POSTGRES on solaris ???  ("Christopher R. Jones" <cj@interlog.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

   Thanks for the reply. But I have some doubts. they
are the following:-

1.) At sunfreeware.com there are two gcc files in gz
format. There is a make utility also but is it the
gmake what postgres uses.

2.) Even the gzip is in gz format. Now how do I unzip
it and once I start installing that it is asking for
gcc and gmake. And without gzip I cannot unzip gcc and
gmake.

   Could you Please tell me the process you have
followed from start to finish of the installation of
postgres on solaris.

Thanks in advance for the reply.
Regards

Rajesh.