Re: New user question -- alternate programmer interfaces?

От Ross J. Reedstrom
Тема Re: New user question -- alternate programmer interfaces?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 09:39:53AM -0700, Mitch Vincent wrote:
> You could put it in a file and feed it to psql like
>
> psql <db-name> < codefile.sql

I find a slight variation on this most userful (this is for bash: season
redirects for your flavor of shell):

psql -e <db-name> <codefile.sql 2>&1 | less

then search in less for the string ERROR

Or, if you want to do code fragments, tale a look at the \i command in
psql. (hit \? in psql to get a list of all the slash commands)

Ross