Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: PSQL Working, but PGAccess Not Connecting.
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Tom Lane wrote: >"David Lloyd-Jones" <david.lloyd-jones@attcanada.ca> writes: >> than one can read them) but I don't
seehow this adds up: I'm not on a >> network, and PSQL, which is a front end to PostgreSQL, just like PGAccess      >is
>>supposed to be, is running fine. > >By default, psql connects via a Unix-socket path, not by TCP.  PGAccess >is
writtendifferently and always tries to connect by TCP.  If you try >to start psql with "-h localhost" or some such, it
willtry TCP and >fail in the same way ...

If you leave blank the host field of pgaccess's connection dialog, it will
use UNIX sockets instead of TCP/IP.

========================================   "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good      courage; be not
afraid,neither be thou dismayed; for      the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou      goest."
      Joshua 1:9