postgresql user quota

От Sandro Serafini
Тема postgresql user quota
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi!

I need to limit the postgresql user's quotas on my system...

I noticed that postgres creates a new directory for every database, so I tried
changing the owner of the directory and the files within the directory to the
unix user "owner" of the database, setting the group so the postgres daemon
works.

All works correctly, the postgres user is subject to the system quota and when
a user inserts too much data inside his tables, the system gives him an error.

BUT... there's a problem... when the postmaster creates new files (for
example, creating a new table), the new files fall into user "postgres" and
not the user owning the database.

Some ideas??

---
Sandro Serafini
Internet & Multimedia - POP Nextra - NETTuno
Via G.B. Imperiali, 75 - 36100 Vicenza - Italy