CREATE GROUP oddity

От Jon Lapham
Тема CREATE GROUP oddity
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello-
I found the following odd behavior in v7.0.2 when issuing the
'create group' command.  Namely, I cannot create a group named 'trusted'
unless I use 'insert into pg_group...' syntax.  Any other group name works
as expected... well, at least those that I have tried.
Cheers, Jon
PS: I am running home-rolled v7.0.2 of Pg, on a linux v2.2.16 i686
box.  I have also test this on a v7.0.1 installation, with the same
result.  I cannot test this on a v6.5.x installation, b/c the 'create
group' command did not exist then.

template1=# create group trusted;
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "trusted"
template1=# insert into pg_group (groname) values ('trusted');
INSERT 18786 1

MagneticaNuclear de MacromoleculasUniversidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ) - Brasilemail:
jlapham@gandalf.bioqmed.ufrj.br