Re: Re: few more securiry questions :-)

От R D
Тема Re: Re: few more securiry questions :-)
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
--- Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> integrated in
> for
> > >
> > > Because there's a bootstrapping problem: You
> would have to connect to the
> > > database to change the authentication settings,
> but in order to connect
> > > you have to be authenticated.
> >
> > That's not to hard to fix.  You just have initdb
> create system catalogs
> > with a the required settings.
>
> But when you accidentally hose things up then you
> have no way to get in a
> repair things. It also looks like a race condition
> waiting to happen.

OK! Bit I think there could be a solution for this.
You can inplement some option in the postmaster to
trust to some user from localhost, for example:
"postmaster --trust postgres &" this should give you a
root acess to dbs from user postgres ;-) and there
should no be problem to repair the things (if you know
what you are doing ofcourse :-)).

regards,
Rumen