Re: createdb -- alternate locations

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: createdb -- alternate locations
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> J.R. writes:
>  >     Hello:
>  >
>  > Novice, just installed PGSQL 7.0 on Redhat 6.1.
>  >
>  > Everything went smoothly with initial installation and db setup.
>  > However, I've run into some problems subsequently.
>  >
>  > To keep it simple, here is a specific problem.  Attempting to create a
>  > database in an alternate location, I went through the following steps as
>  > the superuser (postgres):
>  >
>  > mkdir /home/postgres/testdata
>  > export PGDATA2=/home/postgres/testdata
>  > initlocation PGDATA2
>  > createdb testdb -D 'PGDATA2'
>  >
>  > the last command failed with this error:
>  > "The database path 'PGDATA2' in invalid.  This may be due to a character
>  > that is not allowed or because the chosen path isn't permitted for
>  > databases"
>  >
>  > I also tried createdb -D 'PGDATA2' testdb, same result.
>  >
>  >
>  > Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
>
> What a coincidence; I just asked about this last week.  What you've got is
> right, but before you can createdb, you've got to stop and restart the
> postmaster with "PGDATA2=/home/postgres/testdata" in its environment.

OK, I have udpated initlocation manual pages to mention stop/restart of
postmaster and that this must be defined everytime the postmaster
starts.  Do we allow absolute paths in initlocation anymore?  I am not
sure.

Сообщение: Re: PG 7.0 is 2.5 times slower running a big report
Сообщение: Re: PG 7.0 is 2.5 times slower running a big report