US Style dates.

От Jason Earl
Тема US Style dates.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I recently upgraded the PostgreSQL on one of my Debian
Linux boxes to postgresql-7.0-0.beta3-1 in preparation
for the grand switchover to version 7.0.  So far I am
quite impressed, but I have had a little bit of a
problem setting the PGDATESTYLE correctly.  For
historical reasons I would like to continue using the
US datestyle (eg. Sat Jan 01 07:09:19 2000 MDT).

I have tried setting the
/etc/postgresql/postmaster.init variable, and
no joy.  I have also tried to set the value of
PGDATESTYLE manually in psql using:

processdata=>\set PGDATESTYLE US

When I do this I am able to then check the variables
that are set and I get:

processdata=> \set
VERSION = 'PostgreSQL 7.0.0 on i686-pc-linux-gnu,
compiled by gcc 2.95.2'
DBNAME = 'processdata'
USER = 'earlj'
HOST = 'nampadata'
PORT = '5432'
ENCODING = 'SQL_ASCII'
PROMPT1 = '%/%R%# '
PROMPT2 = '%/%R%# '
PROMPT3 = '>> '
HISTSIZE = '500'
PGDATESTYLE = 'US'

Unfortunately, when I test it out:

processdata=> select 'now'::datetime;
        ?column?
 2000-04-19 14:09:06-06
(1 row)

I still get the ISO format.  So what do I need to do
to get my US
datestyle back?

Sorry to bother,
Jason Earl