Re: What are your using it for?

От Adriaan Joubert
Тема Re: What are your using it for?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> I'm working a piece on open-source databases for LinuxWorld magazine and
> I'd like to know what people are actually using postgresql for.

We are using it for financial applications.  Both as store for trading data (in one database we have well over 2-million data points for daily trading data) and as back-end for our (private) web servers. These are both for our own use and increasingly for our customers. We run Digital Unix, and postgres runs on a 2-processor DS-20. For a small organisation Oracle is just too expensive on high-end hardware and postgres is pretty good and improving all the time. Show me another system where you can either fix bugs yourself or get a fix off the mailing list in a few hours!

Adriaan

--
 Dr Adriaan Joubert                   | Phone:  +357-2-750 652