Re: Character encodings...

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Character encodings...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Thu, 13 Apr 2000, Michael Sobolev wrote:
>
> > Here it goes.  I would not say it's very useful...  Russian a has code 225
> > (decimal).
>
> > StartTransactionCommand
> > query: SET client_encoding = 'UNICODE'
> > ProcessUtility: SET client_encoding = 'UNICODE'
> > CommitTransactionCommand
> > proc_exit(0) [#0]
> > shmem_exit(0) [#0]
> > exit(0)
> > /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/postmaster: reaping dead processes...
> > /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/postmaster: CleanupProc: pid 30613 exited with status 0
>
> That looks like the query never got to the backend. This is either a bug
> in psql or the multibyte suite. I seem to recall that Unicode isn't fully
> supported, so I'd go for the latter. Can Tatsuo comment?

Oh, he is using the multibyte support and expects an automatic code
conversion between KOI8-R and UNICODE that is not supported yet.

What he need to do is creating a database with encoding KOI8-R or
ISO-8859-5.

# make a KOI8-R database
$ createdb -E KOI8

or

# make a ISO-8859-5 database
$ createdb -E LATIN5

In the next case, he might want to set PGCLIENTENCODING environment
variable so that a conversion between KOI8-R and ISO-8859-5
automatically performed.

# if you want to use KOI8-R on your client.
$ export PGCLIENTENCODING=KOI8
or
% setenv PGCLIENTENCODING KOI8
--