Re: Character encodings...

От Michael Sobolev
Тема Re: Character encodings...
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 03:44:09PM +0900, Tatsuo Ishii wrote:
> Oh, he is using the multibyte support and expects an automatic code
> conversion between KOI8-R and UNICODE that is not supported yet.
Not exactly.  If you had a look on my first message, you would see that the
problem I see that the behaviour is not consistent.  Some time this data gets
through, and sometimes it does not.  I'd say that an arbitrary text in KOI8-R
can hardly be something reasonable in UTF-8, so I'd see that all (yes, ALL) my
requests would fail (and preferably with correct diagnostics).

> # make a KOI8-R database
> $ createdb -E KOI8
Thanks.  I was looking for something like this in man page, but unfortunately
it does not have this information.

> In the next case, he might want to set PGCLIENTENCODING environment
> variable so that a conversion between KOI8-R and ISO-8859-5
> automatically performed.
What are the requirements for this to work?

Thanks,

--
Mike

От: Alessio Bragadini
Сообщение: RDBMSs comparison (on Linux)
От: "Romain Giry"
Сообщение: Unsupported frontend protocol? & config systems files?