Re: [HACKERS] Re: ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN

От sszabo@bigpanda.com
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>    ALL  the  FK  triggers  are  delayed  until  after the entire
>    statement (what's wrong for ON DELETE RESTRICT -  but  that's
>    another  story), or until the entire transaction (in deferred
>    mode).
>
>    But the UNIQUE constraint is still built upon  unique  nbtree
>    indices,  thus  failing  on  primary  key where such a unique
>    index is automatically created for.
>
>    I'm far too less familiar with our implementation  of  nbtree
>    to  tell  whether it would be possible at all to delay unique
>    checking until statement end  or  XACT  commit.  At  least  I
>    assume  it  would  require some similar technique of deferred
>    queue.

We might want to look at what we're doing for all of the constraints,
because at some point we'll probably want to let you defer the other
constraints as well (I'm pretty sure this technically legal in SQL92).
If we can think of a good way to handle all of the constraints together
that might be worth doing to prevent us from coding the same thing
multiple times.