Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > I think we are spoiled with Tom, Jan, and Vadim who just show up and
> > produce 100% functional patches the first time.  Some people go at it in
> > different ways.  Eventually it all gets working.  I can't tell you how
> > many times I have added a feature or fixed something, and then had Tom
> > Lane or Vadim come along and fix my fixes.
>
> 2 points:
>
>     a) 100% functional patches *after* extensive discussion
>     b) Peter's change wasn't a fix

Usually some one cleans me up. :-)  Even with discussion, my stuff is
not 100%.

I did code to extend the number of index columns >8, but broke the
system in several ways.  Tom Lane fixed it for me.  I think I even
committed it with a broken initdb, but figured out how to disable it
while Tom and I worked on it.

Yes, but even my feature additions have problems.  :-)

Pennsylvania19026

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping