Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Who, me?  Go back and read the CVS logs for all my "oops..." messages.

>> a) 100% functional patches *after* extensive discussion
>
> Usually some one cleans me up. :-)  Even with discussion, my stuff is
> not 100%.

Assuming that Peter is still listening and hasn't given up in disgust,
I think the take-home point here is "discuss first, implement second".
Even the guys who have been working with Postgres the longest are
keenly aware that they don't know all there is to know about the
system.  *That's* why we have developed a tradition of sending proposals
to the list before doing anything major.  Very often there's someone
who knows a little more than you do about one aspect or another, and
will be able to save you from a mistake.