Re: [HACKERS] COPY problems with psql / libpq

От Oliver Elphick
Тема Re: [HACKERS] COPY problems with psql / libpq
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote: >"Oliver Elphick" <olly@lfix.co.uk> writes: >> I found that if I broke the first 1000 records into 2
equalparts, all >> of them were added correctly without error; so I conclude that data >> is being buffered and lost
somewherein psql or libpq, and the problem is >> dependent on the amount of data being copied. > >I have the following
notein my (much too long) to-do list: > >: psql.c doesn't appear to cope correctly with quoted newlines in COPY data;
>:if one falls just after a buffer boundary, trouble! >: Does fe-exec.c work either??

New-lines are not the problem in this particular case, since the data
does not contain any.

Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "Neither is there salvation in any other; for
thereis      none other name under heaven given among men, whereby      we must be saved."               Acts 4:12