pg_dump and foreign keys

От Oliver Elphick
Тема pg_dump and foreign keys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I don't seem to be ableto use pg_dump where a table uses foreign key
constraints.  I seem to remember there being a message about pg_dump
problems but I can't remember whether it was relevant to this.

$ pg_dump bray
getTables(): relation 'area': cannot find function with oid 1655 for trigger
RI_ConstraintTrigger_20235

[area is a table with RI constaints]

This seems to be because pg_dump.c getFuncs() excludes system functions
and thus causes getTables() to fail when it finds the RI triggers.

Isle of Wight                              http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver              PGP key from public servers; key
ID32B8FAA1                ========================================    "Neither is there salvation in any other; for
thereis      none other name under heaven given among men, whereby      we must be saved."               Acts 4:12